Pages

Friday 17 January 2014

A beer only it's mother would love?

So I know I was supposed to wait - hell it has been less than a week since I bottled it - but when I was labelling my 'Catrina Neue' (the Garage Project knock off) some of the bottles that had been conditioning in a warmer location were rock hard and I started to get nervous about the two 330ml glass bottles and the potential for catastrophic failure of the containment grid...


So I put them in the fridge...

Opened one...

And it is drinkable...

Good carbonation (which is a worry after a week, what the hell is going to happen over time). Very clear. Very Red. Way too sweet. I mean way way way too sweet. It is actually a bit like a shandy (if shandy's had a chilli bite to them - which incidentally is the only thing I did get right). Too much watermelon syrup. Too much rose syrup. Too many carbonation drops. There are just so many things wrong with it - but of course I love it. And it is a v1.0 (actually it probably should be a v0.1)

Lucky I just picked up some Garage Project Venusian Pale Ale to wash the taste out of my mouth.

Lets hope it improves with age. All babies are ugly little bastards at birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment